Monday, August 16, 2004

Shawn

My oldest son Shawn (18) is going to Utah for a few weeks. He graduated from high school last spring and has recently quit his job. Rick and I are worried about him. He is so indecisive about anything. He can't stay with one job for over 6 months, he doesn't want to commit to school, he is even leaving all of his friends here in Mesa. There isn't much for him in Utah but my family. They live in a small town that isn't really near anything. It doesn't have much in the way of industry. They have a small extended college he could attend but it doesn't offer more than an associates.

My past there is haunted. I was married and divorced there. I have many bad memories of the place. I know that shouldn't mean that he shouldn't be there. He loves my mom and dad and the home they have in Utah. I think he will be very bored with his life there after a few weeks. Maybe he will come back soon. I hope so. Maybe I am worried needlessly.

I feel very lazy today. I need to get up and do something soon...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?