Thursday, August 19, 2004

Shawn's gone

He left last night at midnight. He drove just outside of Flagstaff and pulled over to sleep for a while. I'm so glad he did that. He is about 2 hours from his destination in Utah. I will feel better when he is there. No more worrying whether he made it safely or not. I hope he comes home soon. This house isn't the same without him. I am going to be a wreck when my youngest son leaves home in 3 years. I better find something to keep me busy. Enough whining about that.

I am reading a book called "Alchemy of Mind". Can't remember who it is by and I'm to lazy to find the book so you'll have to wait till my next post. It describes the things your brain does both physically and emotionally. It is quite fascinating. It is my one of the few non-fiction books I read a year. Last year I read "Stiff" by Mary Roach. It is Roach's research of dead bodies and what happens to them. Cremation, deterioration, burial, scientific research, etc. It is really great and kinda morbid but I liked it a lot. I would recommend it to readers aged 15 and up but with the precursor that it is a graphic book and might make you queasy.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?