Thursday, August 12, 2004
Vacation and Pompeii
School is out for me until Aug. 23 so I have a little more time to write.
When I get my master's I want to be a Young Adult librarian so I have been reading a lot of YA fiction and non-fiction. Right now I am reading Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett. It has gotten a lot of good talk about it in the library community and I am enjoying it.
I just finished Pompeii by Robert Harris. It is a fictional book detailing the events of the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in Pompeii. I enjoyed the book. It told about the lives of the rulers, slaves, and their beliefs. A very interesting book. This is an Adult fiction book which is not my section of the library but every once in a while one has to delve into other areas. I do enjoy a good adult fiction novel once in a while.
We just returned from a trip to San Clemente, California. We camped out on the beach at a state park for a week. It was such a fun trip. We went with a group of around 70 people. Each night 3 families were assigned to cook dinner over propane stoves. We had Friday night and cooked kababs, mashed potatoes, and corn. I have a wicked tan! That part of California is gorgeous. It is near Irvine and San Juan Capistrano.
When I get my master's I want to be a Young Adult librarian so I have been reading a lot of YA fiction and non-fiction. Right now I am reading Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett. It has gotten a lot of good talk about it in the library community and I am enjoying it.
I just finished Pompeii by Robert Harris. It is a fictional book detailing the events of the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in Pompeii. I enjoyed the book. It told about the lives of the rulers, slaves, and their beliefs. A very interesting book. This is an Adult fiction book which is not my section of the library but every once in a while one has to delve into other areas. I do enjoy a good adult fiction novel once in a while.
We just returned from a trip to San Clemente, California. We camped out on the beach at a state park for a week. It was such a fun trip. We went with a group of around 70 people. Each night 3 families were assigned to cook dinner over propane stoves. We had Friday night and cooked kababs, mashed potatoes, and corn. I have a wicked tan! That part of California is gorgeous. It is near Irvine and San Juan Capistrano.









