Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Time to Read? When?

Today was a not so bad day. I studied a lot. Did a lot of reading. There is nothing worse than reading about how a bunch of scientists are trying to define "information". Really. But it is done and I'm sure they got paid an enormous amount of money to write that inane gibberish.

I had a phone call from 2 of Mat's teachers (I called them first) to see what he was missing in his classes. Seems as though he is having a heck of a time in his Geometry class. I can relate. I hated math and still do. Thank heavens for calculators. His English class is going a lot better. He currently has a B. He has to read The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton and do a book report by the end of the week. Unlike his mother, he hates to read. I read to him always but at some point he decided that he doesn't have time for it. Anyway, S. E. Hinton has a new book out called Hawkes Harbor. I have it on hold at the library. I also have Shadowmancer by G.P. Taylor on hold. It is getting a lot of talk lately and I thought I'd better read it.

I couldn't visit Margie today as I am sick and don't want to expose her to anything. I missed going to see her. It is nice being able to read to her. We are reading The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith. I have read everything that the US has published by him. He has a wonderful writing style. Stuff that makes me not want to put his books down.

Went to my head shrink today. I am currently on a huge dose of Effexor (an antidepressant). He is having me change to a new antidepressant which I have yet to do research on. It sounds good though. Suppose to help my moods. We'll see.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?