Monday, October 18, 2004

Beautiful Day!

It was a beautiful day today! I went for a walk near a small lake and it was just gorgeous. The temperature is dropping down below the 90's now and we don't have to deal with the hot temperatures again until 2005 (at least I hope)!

I went to Trader Joe's today and on my way out of the store a woman (in her 70's or so) was having a seizure or a diabetic episode. Anyway, I stopped to try to help her (as did one other person). Her husband (not sure of the relationship) had her underneath her arms yelling at her to stand up! I couldn't believe his lack of compassion. An employee of TJ's brought around a motorized cart for her to get into so she could make it to her car. Her husband kept saying very gruffly, "Stand up! This has happened so many times. Just stand up and get into that seat!" I wish I were more assertive. I wanted to tell him to have a little compassion. He got her into the car and drove off. In my opinion (but what do I know) she needed an ambulance. The husband should have been scolded at the least for talking to her like that.

Comments:
That's so sad.

I am glad to hear the temps are getting better for you now!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?