Thursday, November 04, 2004
No Gas
I run out of gas just as I'm getting off the freeway at a stop light. I sit there for a minute trying to start my little truck up and at least get it to the gas station just across the street, not 50 yards away. Cars are zooming all around me. I open my door and start to push thinking I'll push it off the road myself. A cop pulls up and walks very nonchalantly over to my truck and asks, "What's the problem?"
"I'm out of gas."
"Well, you can't sit here. You have to move." he says.
"If I could move do you think I would be sitting here holding up traffic?" I say. I give him a look and he says, "I'll help you push it to the sidewalk." So he starts pushing and I am pushing and we get it onto the sidewalk. He comes up to me and asks, "Do you have a gas can?" I say no and ask if he can help me push it across the street. He says no and walks back to his car. I was livid!
I lock up and start across the busy street to the gas station, purchase a gas can and $2.50 worth of gas, run back across the street hoping no one will hit me and put the gas in the tank.
I was so mad by the time I got home I had to lie down to cool off. Now I have a migraine and I don't know if it is because of this or because I slept wrong last night. I called my mom and relayed the story to her. She laughed so hard. She said, "Kim, you just can't keep your mouth shut can you?" She was joking but she did think what I said to the cop was funny.
"I'm out of gas."
"Well, you can't sit here. You have to move." he says.
"If I could move do you think I would be sitting here holding up traffic?" I say. I give him a look and he says, "I'll help you push it to the sidewalk." So he starts pushing and I am pushing and we get it onto the sidewalk. He comes up to me and asks, "Do you have a gas can?" I say no and ask if he can help me push it across the street. He says no and walks back to his car. I was livid!
I lock up and start across the busy street to the gas station, purchase a gas can and $2.50 worth of gas, run back across the street hoping no one will hit me and put the gas in the tank.
I was so mad by the time I got home I had to lie down to cool off. Now I have a migraine and I don't know if it is because of this or because I slept wrong last night. I called my mom and relayed the story to her. She laughed so hard. She said, "Kim, you just can't keep your mouth shut can you?" She was joking but she did think what I said to the cop was funny.









