Sunday, December 26, 2004

Ten more

Since Christmas has come and gone, I have been feeling more and more low. All the hoopla has ended midway through Christmas day. That is the sad part for me. Thanksgiving through Christmas day are so fun and can make you feel wonderful but the low after Christmas is hard to take.

Every Christmas Eve, we have gone to my step-daughters families house to play a thing they call the dice game. It is a fun game and the more people that play the funner it is. Everyone brings gifts (wrapped) that are under $10. The gifts are piled in the middle of the room and everyone sits around them. Pie tins with two dice are passed around and when it comes to you, you shake the dice and if you get doubles you have a choice of any of the gifts that are left in the pile. After all the gifts are gone, everyone opens them and sets the items in front of them. Then the dice go around again. If you get doubles, you choose one item that you want. It is fun and loud!

Anyway, Shawn came home for Christmas. He mentioned to Rick that he hated playing the dice game. So instead of asking me, Rick informed my step-daughter's family that we weren't going. Then he takes it out on me when I get back from Tucson. I mean we were yelling at each other. Then Christmas Eve he takes 2 sleeping pills and is drugged out of his mind until today. He virtually missed Christmas. He is blaming me for all of this and other stuff too but I have had it.

On that positive note, (I will try to be more positive) here are 10 more items about me.

61. I love spaghetti.

62. I hate Arizona in the summer.

63. I love spending Christmas in snowy country.

64. I like to ski but am not very good.

65. I love to play baseball but I'm not good. I am not a sporty type person. Skiing and baseball are two of my favorite sporty things to do but I'm the type of person who can't walk and chew gum very well at the same time.

66. I hate football--both watching it and playing it.

67. I love castle's. When we traveled to Ireland in 2001, we saw our fill of castle's. They are the most interesting buildings and so old. The one's we were allowed to tour have been kept up and some of the tours were elaborate.

68. My grandfather was a sheep herder. In the 30's through the 60's my grandfather made his living herding sheep.

69. My father's family is mostly English and Norwegian. My mother's family is Native American, Spanish, and Dutch. So I truly have Hienz 57 blood.

70. Dentists are evil. I absolutely hate going to them. Nothing about them (including happy gas) make me smile. I have had a lot of dental work in my life because I have bad teeth which I understand is genetic.

This has been very hard but very theraputic to do today. I'm in a better mood now. I just hope when I go home my husband isn't in a bad mood. By the way, I'm at work. It is slow because it is the day after Christmas.

Comments:
I hear ya... As I´m still on a holiday, I didn´t get up until 1pm and got rid of my PJ´s a little after 5pm. I didn´t have anything special to do today so I thought, what the heck. These are the only few days I get to do something like this.
 
How is the class going?

ANd have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
 
There will be better Christmas's. I love reading your blog, and am sad that this year tanked in some ways. After Christmas can be brutal, but hang in there (that's so trite ain't it) but it just may cause a chuckle when you think 'this guy doesn't know me or what the hell he's talkin' about')
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?