Wednesday, January 12, 2005
Missing Post
So with the last class I took, we were to put together a project and mail it to the teacher in Colorado to grade. The last day we could mail was Saturday. I get my project altogether (all 90 pages of it) and go to the post office. It is closed but there is a self post similar to an ATM or a self-checkout machine at a library. This one is for express mail. 2 day mail. Overnight mail. I purchase a sticker, $24.95, and put it on my package making sure the address is correct and stuff it in the post.
Yesterday, the professor emails me. She hasn't received it yet. I call the post office and try to track it down. The tracking # I have is not in their system. They have no record of it being there. I begin to freak. My professor says to wait until the morning and we will see what comes in the post.
Morning comes. She is snowed in obviously as she lives in the middle of Colorado and all. She can't get to the post and has no way of knowing whether or not the package is in her P.O. Box or not. So she tells me to put together my project the best I can and send it to her over the internet. I spend all morning doing just that. Sometime in the middle of my trying to email her my project she emails me saying that she is just going to give me a B and when she gets my project she will resubmit my grade later if needed.
I can't believe it. I had a queasy feeling as I was placing my package in the post that something was going to happen. The mail has never been reliable for me. I will update tomorrow as to whether or not it got there.
Yesterday, the professor emails me. She hasn't received it yet. I call the post office and try to track it down. The tracking # I have is not in their system. They have no record of it being there. I begin to freak. My professor says to wait until the morning and we will see what comes in the post.
Morning comes. She is snowed in obviously as she lives in the middle of Colorado and all. She can't get to the post and has no way of knowing whether or not the package is in her P.O. Box or not. So she tells me to put together my project the best I can and send it to her over the internet. I spend all morning doing just that. Sometime in the middle of my trying to email her my project she emails me saying that she is just going to give me a B and when she gets my project she will resubmit my grade later if needed.
I can't believe it. I had a queasy feeling as I was placing my package in the post that something was going to happen. The mail has never been reliable for me. I will update tomorrow as to whether or not it got there.










