Sunday, March 20, 2005
Trip to hometown
I've been in Utah since last Saturday. Spring break for me. My home town is so red neck now. The oil industry has hit it hard again and there are a lot of oil field hands (as my dad calls them). I can't believe I am from there. My sons both love it there. They like being able to do what they want to in a small area. If they live there for long as my oldest son is doing, they may miss the convenience of a big city.
I visited the Salt Lake City Public Library yesterday on my way to the airport. Wow! I want to work there. There are 6 levels. It is very high tech. All I can say is, if you are ever in Salt Lake, go see the library.
I visited with my grandparents who are 87 and 91 years old. My grandma is in the beginning stages of dementia (a diagnosis that my mother and I have given her). Grandpa is only showing his age in his physical being. He is stooped over and slower than I've ever seen him before. However, his personality is still like I always remembered it--spry and alert.
After a week in my home town I never want to go back. It is depressing for me. There are a lot of bad memories. Some good too but I burned a lot of bridges.
I saw my ex-husband. I really didn't want to see him but he came in to get my youngest son and I was there. I didn't talk to him at all. Just walked out the other door and left.
I visited the Salt Lake City Public Library yesterday on my way to the airport. Wow! I want to work there. There are 6 levels. It is very high tech. All I can say is, if you are ever in Salt Lake, go see the library.
I visited with my grandparents who are 87 and 91 years old. My grandma is in the beginning stages of dementia (a diagnosis that my mother and I have given her). Grandpa is only showing his age in his physical being. He is stooped over and slower than I've ever seen him before. However, his personality is still like I always remembered it--spry and alert.
After a week in my home town I never want to go back. It is depressing for me. There are a lot of bad memories. Some good too but I burned a lot of bridges.
I saw my ex-husband. I really didn't want to see him but he came in to get my youngest son and I was there. I didn't talk to him at all. Just walked out the other door and left.









