Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Disfunctional

This is how disfunctional my family is:

Two months ago my aunt (Dora) talked my grandma and grandpa into selling their house that they had lived in for over 40 years and move into a mobile home near them. My grandparents thought it was a good idea, put the house on the market and sold it within a month. They were stunned. Grandma is 87 and grandpa is 91. They had to pack up and be out by the end of July. So my aunt had them come live with her until the mobile home they were having custom made was delivered.

This morning my mom called me. She said that grandma was on my Aunt Glennis's doorstep Sunday night. Dora had kicked her out of the house, told her she was having papers drawn up to separate grandma and grandpa and she was an old hag that had ruined her life. Grandma, having no clothes (Dora and her husband were yelling at grandma and she just wanted to get out of there) came to Aunt Glennis's. Mom and Aunt Glennis took her to a department store to get her a few things. Grandma went to the bank to check on her accounts and grandpa had taken 1/2 of everything out.

I am furious. I also feel so out of touch. I want to drive to Utah and rip the hair out of Dora's head. How low is it to scream at a 87 year old woman, brainwash her 91 year old husband into getting a separation, and throw her out on her ear? Dora is no longer family to me. I have such bad feelings for her right now. What was she thinking? My grandma never beat her or forced her to do anything she didn't want to as she was growing up. I don't understand it. What a mess. I am glad, in a way, I am not in Utah. I think I would have driven to Dora's house and probably been arrested.

Comments:
I hear you. Sometimes it would so much easier to be away from all the drama... No matter what, it never ends.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?