Monday, September 05, 2005
Prescott, Arizona
I have been so shocked by the lack of help the government provided the hurricane victims. It scares me that we live in the United States of America and the people who we pay huge amounts of money daily to lack the skills needed to take care of people in time of need. That is my 2 cents.
I was called by the school psychologist last week because Mathew (my youngest son) has been cutting himself. I had heard of teens doing this to themselves to get attention or to make other pain go away but I never thought I would have to deal with it. Mat says it was a stupid thing and he would never do it again. However, I tend not to believe him. I don't think he realizes how much I have been through with depression and panic attacks. I tried to talk to him about it this weekend but I don't know how much of it got through to him.
I suspect his girlfriend of putting the thought into his head about cutting. Little things he has said to me make me think she is the one who either put him up to it or told him it would make him feel better.
We went to Prescott, AZ this weekend. It was very nice up there. In the 80's. Saturday, we took Rick to his first rodeo. He enjoyed it even though he made snide comments about cowboys. We also went to an arts and crafts fair. While we were there this cloud that was over Prescott decided to burst. We were in a tent trying not to get wet when a bolt of lightening struck and thunder sounded like someone had blew something up. It scared me! That night after a wonderful dinner at the Prescott Brewing Company we went to the movies. I saw the Brother's Grimm which I enjoyed even though critics didn't like it. Mat and Rick saw Transporter 2 which they enjoyed except the end which they claimed was too unrealistic to believe even for a movie.
Sunday we went for a killer hike. It was beautiful. Then we drove a little way to Goldwater Lake and rented a canoe. Mat didn't want to go canoeing so Rick and I paddled our way around the lake. It was just a beautiful day. The weather was gorgeous and Mat was talking to us (this makes a difference--he is a teenager). We came back into Prescott and got some ice cream then went back to the hotel and Rick and I sat in the jacuzzi. Then we got cleaned up and went to dinner at the Prescott Brewing Company again. We were all tired so we just came back to the room and watched Rush Hour and Rush Hour 2 which drove me crazy but Mat and Rick both enjoyed. This morning we went to the Waffle Iron restaurant which sound like it would have been a nice place to eat but it was not all that nice. The food was o.k.
I have been very meloncholy today. Mat is over to a friends playing Halo. Rick is being Rick. I need to clean up the house but haven't got the bug yet. Anyway, it has been a good weekend.
I was called by the school psychologist last week because Mathew (my youngest son) has been cutting himself. I had heard of teens doing this to themselves to get attention or to make other pain go away but I never thought I would have to deal with it. Mat says it was a stupid thing and he would never do it again. However, I tend not to believe him. I don't think he realizes how much I have been through with depression and panic attacks. I tried to talk to him about it this weekend but I don't know how much of it got through to him.
I suspect his girlfriend of putting the thought into his head about cutting. Little things he has said to me make me think she is the one who either put him up to it or told him it would make him feel better.
We went to Prescott, AZ this weekend. It was very nice up there. In the 80's. Saturday, we took Rick to his first rodeo. He enjoyed it even though he made snide comments about cowboys. We also went to an arts and crafts fair. While we were there this cloud that was over Prescott decided to burst. We were in a tent trying not to get wet when a bolt of lightening struck and thunder sounded like someone had blew something up. It scared me! That night after a wonderful dinner at the Prescott Brewing Company we went to the movies. I saw the Brother's Grimm which I enjoyed even though critics didn't like it. Mat and Rick saw Transporter 2 which they enjoyed except the end which they claimed was too unrealistic to believe even for a movie.
Sunday we went for a killer hike. It was beautiful. Then we drove a little way to Goldwater Lake and rented a canoe. Mat didn't want to go canoeing so Rick and I paddled our way around the lake. It was just a beautiful day. The weather was gorgeous and Mat was talking to us (this makes a difference--he is a teenager). We came back into Prescott and got some ice cream then went back to the hotel and Rick and I sat in the jacuzzi. Then we got cleaned up and went to dinner at the Prescott Brewing Company again. We were all tired so we just came back to the room and watched Rush Hour and Rush Hour 2 which drove me crazy but Mat and Rick both enjoyed. This morning we went to the Waffle Iron restaurant which sound like it would have been a nice place to eat but it was not all that nice. The food was o.k.
I have been very meloncholy today. Mat is over to a friends playing Halo. Rick is being Rick. I need to clean up the house but haven't got the bug yet. Anyway, it has been a good weekend.









