Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Hussain from Iraq

This young man who is 8 years old was in a bombing in Iraq. He lost his arm and his face was mangled. He lost his right eye and the sight in his left. This is me (my arm is on his back), his aunt who came because she has less children (7 I think) and the woman from the Healing the Children organization. I had the pleasure of meeting Hussain. I also had an near impossible task of trying to find some juvenile books in Arabic on cassette tape so he can listen to them as he is now blind.

This experience has brought home the war like it never did before. I am saddened that people such as Hussain and his family are being hurt and killed because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?